As an Accountant to an international environment at the Ekman Group you will be working with accounting and reporting for the parent company of the Ekman Group as well as for a few other Swedish entities. You will also be a support to other companies within the group with finance and accounting issues. This is a great opportunity as an Accountant to develop and grow within the Ekman group.
The position is based in Gothenburg and reports to the Head of Accounting and Reporting and is part of a team of 4 accountants.
This position as an Accountant is broad and covers more than just the regular areas within accounting such as the day-to-day accounting, managing accounts payable and current accounts. You will also support the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounts as well as the financial statements. You will also be supporting within the areas of budgeting, cost controlling and other general finance issues.
This is a great opportunity for you to be part of an exciting growth journey. Growing in your career and with the company.
Being a global trading company, the transactions are mostly cross boarder and can vary significantly in structure and complexity. This requires the accounting team to have a good understanding of the business to be able to guide and advice the organization on accounting for such transactions.
Key responsibilities as an Accountant
– Participate in the daily accounting activities
– Supporting monthly book closing and reporting for consolidation purposes
– Support and participate in year-end book closing
– Support parts of the budget process
– Support the business in connection to various VAT questions
– Be in close contact with sales to support the business
– Cooperate with other finance functions (Treasury, Credit Management, Controlling and Tax) on a daily basis
Qualifications and work experience
– The candidate we are looking for has a degree in Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent together with 2-4 years of work experience, preferably from auditing in an international environment.
– A “quick learner” with a genuine interest to grow and develop and to take on new responsibilities over time.
– Have good interpersonal skills, communicating well with different people and cultures as well as being service minded and understanding the needs of internal and external customers.
– Analytical and always strive to deliver on time.
– Skilled in verbal and written communication, both Swedish and English
The Opportunity at Ekman Group
• Be part of a company that has built its experience in global trade during more than 200 years
• Global presence creates opportunities to meet other business cultures and navigate in an international environment
• Work with sustainable products where applications are constantly developing through innovation
• Be part of an informal organization with lots of room for initiatives in a fast moving, business oriented environment
• High expectations with lots of challenges but also great opportunities to develop.
About the Ekman Group
Ekman is a global trading house operating in the forest industry. Ekman offers a wide range of services, covering the entire forest products supply chain and we contribute valuable market intelligence to each stage of our business partners’ enterprises.
Operations are coordinated from our hubs in Gothenburg, Miami, Hong Kong, Zurich and New Jersey. We are represented in over 100 countries, and our own sales offices in about 40 locations worldwide, in close cooperation with an international network of partners and representatives, ensure a strong presence throughout the world in all producing and consuming areas for the forest industry.
The Group has a turnover of about 2 billion USD and has about 300 employees. The business is divided into four business divisions; Pulp, Paper and Packaging, Recovered Material and Bio Energy. Together, these divisions trade more than 4 million tons of product every year.
Ekman & Co AB, a more than 200 year old company located in Gothenburg, is the head office for the Group and houses
In this recruitment process Ekman Group partner with Meritmind. For more information, please feel free to contact the responsible recruitment consultant at Meritmind, Eva Tiitso telephone 0765-112910. Interviews and selection process will be ongoing, so please send us your application as soon as possible. The position is available to apply for as long as the ad is shown on our website.
Consider this before you submit your application
Your application shall not contain any personal data relating to civil status, family/children, ethnic origin, age, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, health or sexual orientation.
Make sure your name and contact information is included in your resume.
It is only possible to attach one document, so please add your resume and your personal letter, if needed, as one file.
Your application will be sent when you select the file and click Open.