Are you an accountant with a great interest in financial accounting systems and share our passion for human rights? Do you want to work in an international environment with colleagues all over the world? Then you might be our new colleague!
As Accountant at Civil Rights Defenders you will be responsible for ensuring that all parts of the accounting are up to date according to schedule. Responsibilities include reconciliation of balance accounts, bank payments and card transactions, reporting, financial statements etcetera, but also system administration and maintenance of our financial system ”Maconomy”.
The role of superuser and system administrator includes managing daily tasks such as analysis, administration around integrations with other systems, file management permissions, continuous updates and continuous work with process improvements and being a support for users. On an ongoing basis, you will work to improve, update and simplify processes and create new solutions in the system to support the business.
In this position, you will work closely with the head of accounting and reporting, as well as controllers.
Your main tasks will be:
- Update book-keeping with daily transactions
- Tracking and reconciling bank statements
- Reconcile balance sheets
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Update expense reports
- Bank payments
- Reconcile monthly time reports
- Provide administrative support during audits
- Administration and maintenance of the financial system ”Maconomy” including support issues
As a person, you like to analyze numerical data and other sources of information to see patterns and context. To follow instructions and adhere to the organisation’s procedures and policies comes natural to you and you fully understand that your individual efforts contribute to the results of the immediate team and strive to deliver accordingly.
To thrive in this role, you actively participate and you contribute and work together with the team towards common goals. You have a positive attitude towards tasks, colleagues and partners and support and care about others.
In addition, if you are guided by ethics and values in crucial situations at work, we definitely think that you are the one we are looking for!
- A High school education, preferably in business administration
- At least 3 years experience of working in financial accounting
- Great skills in Microsoft 365 (Teams, Outlook, PPT, Word), especially Excel
- Experience of project management activities
- Fluent in writing and speech in both English and Swedish
Documented experience from NGO work is meritorious. Other qualifications for the position are:
- Experience from working in Deltek Maconomy accounting system
- Financial YH or University education in accounting
- Experience from working in larger financial accounting system
About the position
This is a full-time permanent employment with a 6-month probationary, starting as soon as possible. As an organisation, we strive for diversity, and we see your background, experience and personality as a contribution to the organisation. You will be based in Stockholm, Sweden, at our Headquarters.
About Civil Rights Defenders
Civil Rights Defenders is a politically and religiously independent international human rights organisation. We defend people’s civil and political rights in some of the world’s most repressive regions. We partner with and support human rights defenders in more than 300 organisations in 50 countries on four continents. Together with our partners, we hold those in power accountable when people’s civil or political rights are violated. We also act as Sweden’s civil rights watchdog. Civil Rights Defenders has around 100 staff members working in various functions towards our vision – a world of democratic societies in which we all enjoy our civil and political rights. Our headquarter is located in Stockholm, and we have eight branch offices around the world. Learn more about our work at crd.org
In this recruitment process, Civil Rights Defenders collaborates with Meritmind- Brightby. For more information, you are welcome to contact the responsible recruitment consultant at Meritmind, Carolina Löfgren at 0703-676703. Interviews and selection will take place on an ongoing basis, so please send your application as soon as possible.
Meritmind works competence-based to promote objective and non-discriminatory recruitment. This means, among other things, that you will have to do work psychological tests if you go on to an interview in this process.
Keep this in mind before submitting your application (in accordance with new GDPR legislation)
- Your application should not contain personal data regarding civil status, family situation/children, ethnic origin, age, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health or sexual orientation
- Make sure your name and contact details are included in your CV
- It is only possible to attach a document so feel free to put CV and any personal letter in the same file
- Your application will be sent when you have selected the file and click open
Welcome with your application!
Ansök till denna tjänst
Ansök till denna tjänst
För att vi ska kunna genomföra en så objektiv rekryteringsprocess som möjligt ber vi dig utesluta känsliga personuppgifter så som ålder, civilstatus, familjesituation/barn, etniskt ursprung, politiska åsikter, religiös eller filosofisk övertygelse, medlemskap i fackförening, hälsa eller sexuell läggning.