About the position
As Accounting Manager at Ekman & Co AB you have the overall responsibility for accounting and reporting for the parent company of the Ekman Group as well as for a few other Swedish entities.
The position is based in Gothenburg and reports to VP Global Reporting & Controlling and you are responsible for a team of 4 accountants.
This position is broad and covers more than just managing the regular accounting area and spans into areas like budgeting, cost controlling, general finance issues and collaboration with other finance functions and with the four different business divisions on finance issues related to the parent company. The Accounting Manager also support or participate in Group finance activities from time to time.
Being a global trading company, the transactions are mostly cross boarder and can vary significantly in structure and complexity. This requires the accounting team to have a good understanding of the business to be able to guide and advice the organization on accounting for such transactions. Such guidance could for instance involve areas like revenue recognition, inventory cost accounting, currency accounting/hedging and cross boarder VAT handling.
- Manage and develop the accounting team
- Participate in the daily accounting activities
- Monthly book closing and reporting for consolidation purposes
- Year-end book closing, annual reports and managing the audit process
- Coordinate and participate in parts of the budget process
- Cost controlling and cost centre reporting to management
- Function as internal accounting expert
- Drive accounting and reporting related projects
- Participate in business projects or projects within support functions
- Cooperate with other finance functions (Treasury, Credit Management, Controlling and Tax) on a daily basis
- Provide financial input and support to divisions and functional management
Qualifications and work experience
- The candidate we are looking for has a degree in Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent together with 10+ years of work experience, preferably in an international environment.
- A documented background within accounting and a genuine interest in also the business aspects.
- Enjoy and have experience from successfully leading and developing a team.
- A “quick learner” with a genuine drive to want to understand and develop the business and processes.
- Initiator and driver of improvement and efficiency activities.
- Have good interpersonal skills communicating well with different people and cultures as well as being service minded and understanding the needs of internal and external customers.
- Analytical and always strive to deliver on time.
- A down-to earth and hands-on approach where you also participate in the daily regular work of the accounting team.
- Skilled in verbal and written communication, both Swedish and English
The Opportunity at Ekman Group
- Be part of a company that has built its experience in global trade during more than 200 years
- Global presence creates opportunities to meet other business cultures and navigate in an international environment
- Work with sustainable products where applications are constantly developing through innovation
- Be part of an informal organization with lots of room for initiatives in a fast moving, business oriented environment
- High expectations with lots of challenges but also great opportunities to develop.
About the Ekman Group
Ekman is a global trading house operating in the forest industry. Ekman offers a wide range of services, covering the entire forest products supply chain and we contribute valuable market intelligence to each stage of our business partners’ enterprises.
Operations are coordinated from our hubs in Gothenburg, Miami, Hong Kong, Zurich and New Jersey. We are represented in over 100 countries, and our own sales offices in about 40 locations worldwide, in close cooperation with an international network of partners and representatives, ensure a strong presence throughout the world in all producing and consuming areas for the forest industry
The Group has a turnover of about 2 billion USD and has about 300 employees. The business is divided into four business divisions; Pulp, Paper and Packaging, Recovered Material and Bio Energy. Together, these divisions trade more than 4 million tons of product every year
Ekman & Co AB, a more than 200 year old company located in Gothenburg, is the head office for the Group and houses most of the central support functions for the Group. The company is also one of the most significant operating entities of the Group, conducting business in all of the four business divisions. The company is selling almost 1 million tons of products on a yearly bases at a sales value of about USD 500 million.Ansökan
In this recruitment process Ekman Group partner with Meritmind. For more information, please feel free to contact the responsible recruitment consultants at Meritmind, Marianne Seal 0701 660863 or Susanne Areschoug 0701 660803. Interviews and selection process will be ongoing, so please send us your application as soon as possible. The position is available to apply for as long as the ad is shown on our website.
|Consider this before you submit your application
Your application shall not contain any personal data relating to civil status, family/children, ethnic origin, age, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, health or sexual orientation.
Make sure your name and contact information is included in your resume.
It is only possible to attach one document, so please add your resume and your personal letter, if needed, as one file.
Your application will be sent when you select the file and click Open.
Ansök till denna tjänst
Ansök till denna tjänst
För att vi ska kunna genomföra en så objektiv rekryteringsprocess som möjligt ber vi dig utesluta känsliga personuppgifter så som ålder, civilstatus, familjesituation/barn, etniskt ursprung, politiska åsikter, religiös eller filosofisk övertygelse, medlemskap i fackförening, hälsa eller sexuell läggning.