Are you a hands-on Accounting manager or Senior Accountant? Are you fluent in English and interested in working in an international environment with children and young people? This might be your next role! Stockholm International School is looking for a new Finance Officer. A broad role where you will be in charge of all accounting. You will report to the Business Manager and the finance team also includes a Financial Assistant mainly working with subsidies, customer’s invoices. This is a highly independent position focused on the following responsibilities:
Core Responsibilities and Collaborations
- Accounting, reconciliation and accruals
- Preparation of monthly and annual closings
- Create Income statement (P&L) and Balance sheet
- Overall responsibility for accounts payable and accounts receivables
- Cost analysis according to budget (Direct Costs)
- Investigations including invoices, deviations, etc.
- Tax declaration, tax reporting, VAT (reversed VAT when applicable)
- System Administrator of Ascendo and SAPB1
- Improvement/coordination of work routines and processes
- Education in Accounting/Finance/Bookkeeping or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, preferable from a role as Senior Accountant or Head of Accounting. High proficiency within financial processes incl General Ledger, AR and AP. You master balance sheet reconciliations and have a good understanding of accounting processes from start to finish.
- English fluency, Swedish is beneficiary
- Experience from non-profit organizations is also beneficiary as well as experience from SAPB1 and Ascendo
The person we are looking for has strong attention to detail and is well organized with drive and commitment to deliver results. A high degree of integrity and ability to work independently is also needed, as well as a service minded attitude towards others. The right candidate is also open to learn more. This is a position with possibilities to develop and take on new responsibilities.
SIS offers permanent employees:
- a substantial amount of professional development opportunities both inside and outside of the school
- welcome to a generous and caring employer
About Stockholm International School
We are the longest established and most prestigious international school in Stockholm. For over 60 years we have been developing educational excellence, social responsibility and personal integrity in decisively international students. We are an English-speaking preschool-grade 12 day school offering the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP. As a not-profit foundation we are governed by a Board of Trustees.
We are the premier educational choice of the globally mobile diplomatic, business and research community in Stockholm. Being the only school in Sweden with over 80% of international students and international teaching staff, we are the clear choice for parents who wish their children to be ready for any educational life challenge anywhere in the world.
This recruitment process is being conducted in collaboration Meritmind. For more information, or if you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Annika Vermunt, responsible Recruitment Consultant, 070 -166 08 31 or Magnus Åberg, 070-981 77 51. Selection and interview will be ongoing, therefore send you application (in English) as soon as possible, no later than 20th of January 2019.
Please note this before submitting your application (in accordance with the new GDPR legislation)
- Your application should not contain personal data relating to civil status, family situation / children, ethnic origin, age, political opinion, religious or philosophical belief, union membership, health or sexual orientation.
- Make sure that your name and contact details are included in your resume.
- It is only possible to attach one document, so please include CV and personal letter in the same file.
- Your application will be sent when you select file and click open.
Welcome with your application!Ansök till denna tjänst
Ansök till denna tjänst
För att vi ska kunna genomföra en så objektiv rekryteringsprocess som möjligt ber vi dig utesluta känsliga personuppgifter så som ålder, civilstatus, familjesituation/barn, etniskt ursprung, politiska åsikter, religiös eller filosofisk övertygelse, medlemskap i fackförening, hälsa eller sexuell läggning.